There goes the weekend!

I finished a book on Friday night, which also happened to be the last in the Hornblower series that I own (although not the end of the series, thankfully). So to continue reading the series, I will need to buy the next book - or the rest of the series. And yet, I think leaving it where it is may be a better idea for now!

So I decided to not start another book straight away. In fact, I told myself I wasn't to start another book until I had worked on one of the assignments with looming deadlines.


So, Saturday morning I cleaned the bathroom, did a load of laundry, tidied and vacuumed my room, had a late lunch, then finally sat down to work on one of those assignments. Which lasted about 20 minutes, before I was invited to a coffee afternoon to talk to people interested in what we are doing here as students and as an organisation. It was great!

Then I cooked dinner, and relaxed with my housemates.

So much for getting all that study done!

And in the end, I started a new book (which I finished at lunchtime today). I have borrowed this book from one of my neighbours. It is the first in a series of three novels. A second neighbour is reading the second book, and the woman I borrowed this book from is reading the third book. I'm looking forward to reading the other two books, but even more so to being able to chat with these two wonderful women about the three books!

Have you ever been part of a book group, or shared a book with friends before? If so, what was the most interesting book and/or discussion?

If you are wondering what happened to Sunday, I spent several hours handwriting letters, read most of that book, and watched a new Australian tv series, 'A Place to Call Home', which looks like it will be fascinating! Oh, and I did get some more study done - a reading for today's class, and a reading response assignment.

So not a total waste of time! Just not quite as productive as I had hoped... Here's hoping the week will go a bit differently!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

¡Saludos de España! Greetings from Spain!

1458