Little high, little low...

It is interesting to observe my own emotional lifts on drops, although usually I am too busy feeling a particular way to think about it very much.


Nothing unexpected has happened, and yet I find myself feeling quite low lately. How much of this is because I have said another goodbye this week, and have another significant goodbye to say by the end of the week, I am not sure. Neither am I sure how much is to do with how long I've been away from my family, and that I missed spending my birthday with them. Or is it the book I've been reading? Or the fact that I haven't done any flamenco in a long time? Or the weather?

What strategies do you have for improving your mood when you are feeling a bit down? I tend to read a book (a novel), watch something on TV or dvd that I really like, dance, or bake. So which one did I choose today?

To start off with, I finished my novel this afternoon. Always a bit sad, though, to reach what is probably the end of a good series. So, not so helpful this time!

So tonight, after finishing one of my readings, I decided to relax and try to bake a sponge cake for the first time. It was not as hard as I thought it might be, thanks to the recipe book I borrowed from my neighbours! I even had a go at making coloured sponge cake, to attempt layering two different colours in little shaped cakes, and this is how they turned out:


They tasted pretty good!

And now I have spent the rest of the evening online, writing this post, and trying to make an important decision about my birthday present. But more on that topic another time!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

Let me tell you a story...