Saying goodbye...

No, I'm not going anywhere, not anytime soon anyway! But a lot of changes are happening around me, most of which involve saying goodbye.


Where I am studying there is a summer school, which finished two weeks ago. I was helping out with the 26 children who were part of the families studying and teaching during summer school, and so I was privileged to become acquainted with many of them. Some families left very quickly, some have stayed around to do some short courses in the last two weeks, some have stayed as a bit of a holiday before going to their next destination. While I am thrilled that three of these families will be staying for the year long course I am studying, it is sad to see the other families leave.

Of course, there are not only families here for the course I'm studying, and quite a lot of the single students have left as well, but this week and the weekend coming will see more of the families leave, so that only those here for the year will remain. It will also see one of the other women my age, who was on staff over the summer school, leave.

There is a special opportunity when people are leaving, which allows us to show them that we appreciate the time we journeyed alongside them through life, and the hope we have, however slim, that we might see them again sometime. Two of the women I am housesharing with and I were able to have the parents from one of these families over for dinner last night, a proper three course affair! Complete with my own contributions of a chocolate cake and a jug of iced tea, 1001 Nights from Devotea. (Google them to learn more about them if you are interested, they are definitely worth looking at if you are in Australia, the USA or the UK, as they are available in those places.) We finished the 1.5L jug very quickly! I personally would have it sweetened next time, but it was very nice without any sugar added, and I now look forward to trying this leaf tea blend as a hot tea!

Just in case you are wondering, I do not plan to have tea star in every post! But I enjoy sharing about the different teas I have tasted, and I do enjoy offering them to others. This is my way of offering you the opportunity to try some (or any) of these teas, even though I may not be able to share them with you in person. I have enjoyed looking in delight at the statistics for my blog, to discover how many countries people have viewed my page from! (So far, Australia, the USA, three countries in Europe and four countries in Asia!) I hope you are enjoying beverages as wonderful as tea in all those places! In general, though, this is a further indication of the people I have had to farewell.

I hope that this blog will allow you and I to spend some time together, even if we are in such completely different time zones that I may be writing this from your tomorrow. And I hope it will also be a chance to meet new people, whom I look forward to meeting. You may see a new picture at the top of my blog, with a teapot and two mugs: one for you and one for me. Don't worry, it is a six-cup teapot, and there is always another mug and more tea for more to join us!

And to all of you who read this, thank you for caring about me enough to read what I write!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

Let me tell you a story...