Oh Reader, where are you?

One thing I didn't expect about writing a blog: I quite enjoy looking at the statistics so generously provided by blogger for my blog. I love seeing that people are reading what I write, looking at which posts you read the most, and trying to imagine why those might be so interesting!


 Mostly, though, I love looking at the audience statistics indicating which countries readers are in (or from - I haven't quite worked that out). There is a little map of the world, with countries coloured in varying shades of green to indicate which countries readers are from. The more some of you read this, the more clearly I will be able to see your country on that map. So please keep reading!

And wow, what a mix you are! For those of you who are not in Australia, so far you are not in any country I have been to (unless you count time in an airport, which I don't really count). Some countries I know of one or more people who live there, and I wonder if the readers are the people I know are in those places.

Some of the countries have really surprised me, and I wonder who I know there! Or, if I don't know you personally, how did you ever find my blog, and why did you bother to read it?!

It is interesting to think about the interconnectedness of the world, and of ourselves as people. Some people I knew in my uni days have scattered quite far across the world. Some people I have met in the last few years are also heading out to different countries. And some people I know are from quite a few countries, having come to Australia to study or work or visit.

I would love to know a bit about the countries you are in, the languages you speak or hear around you, the food you eat (or avoid eating!), and why you are there. So let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

Let me tell you a story...