Heading interstate again...

How quickly a week can fly by! I had a great time catching up with lots of friends and family while I was here, and while I am looking forward to the study I will be doing I am not looking forward to the people and events I will be missing.


I had a quick look through the paper the other day, and realised that I will miss most of the festival month. Two events in particular which I would have liked to be able to attend: Writer's Week, and a music weekend which will have my favourite band playing! More importantly, I will  be away from my family for my birthday.

On the upside, I will be back in time for Easter, a friend's wedding, and my sister's birthday, all of which are much more significant. I am looking forward to those events very much!

Right now, though, I am heading off in my car on my own for more than eight hours driving. What better way to prepare for the first part, than to enjoy a quiet cup of tea. Lady Grey is my favourite, and often what I choose to start the day - such a lovely, light, fragrant tea, it always makes me both calmer and happier. Do you have a preferred tea (or other beverage) first thing in the morning?

The second most important thing for me in getting ready for a long drive is to make sure I have some good music to listen to. I think I will have to make sure that my favourite band gets some play this trip. The Cat Empire, in case you were wondering.

Next time I write, I'll be able to tell you about where I'm staying and what I'm studying, I hope!

P.S. This was supposed to automatically post at about the time I was leaving, but it didn't work, so sorry if you looked for it yesterday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

Let me tell you a story...