AdvenTea Days 22-24: I don't want this to end!

Day 22


Brown paper package tied up with string, tea is one of my favourite things!


Melbourne Breakfast, T2 - and a Caramello Koala!


I considered waiting for breakfast... but didn't! I also thought about drinking it black...


But I didn't!

A nice cup of tea. Nothing surprising in the scent or the flavour. Just a good cup of tea. I'd be happy to drink it again, but won't rush out to buy it, as there are other black teas I enjoy more, savour more, and seek out.


Day 23


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


Delicate Green, Jasmine & Pear, Madame Flavour


An unusual floral scent for a tea, Jasmine, and I wasn't sure what to expect from the taste. A light, green/yellow colour.

Jasmine was the dominant flavour as well as dominating the scent. I didn't taste pear at all.

This is the first tea I really haven't liked, and which I couldn't finish drinking. Which is very sad! But, on the plus side, that means there have been a LOT of new teas which I have enjoyed, or at least found pleasant enough to finish drinking.


Day 24



The last parcel! Very Christmassy...


Raspberry & Strawberry, Red Seal


Another hot or cold option!

We had been to a Christmas play, and it was reasonably late - not too late for a cup of tea, but probably too late for me to enjoy a cold tea. And I couldn't decide whether to try this one hot or cold. So I decided to keep it for Christmas Day, after our family Christmas lunch at my sister's place. We were expecting (and reached) temperatures in the mid 30s Celsius, so I thought this might make for a refreshing break in the late afternoon or early evening.

But then we had a few people over for dinner on Christmas day, and I thought I'd keep it for the next day, maybe have it cold as I tried to pack to travel interstate.

Which of course meant I didn't drink it then, either. I decided to save it for when I got interstate. 

Which happened on Thursday, a very hot day, and I arrived at my destination at 6pm, so I unpacked the car, had something to eat... and decided to save it for Friday, which was also expected to be in the high 30s. But then I got home around 6pm on Friday, turned around to do some grocery shopping, and spent the evening playing games with some friends. 

So I saved it for the weekend... and the weather cooled delightfully, a bit of light rain, and I thought, maybe I'll save it for New Year's Eve, a last new tea for the year.

Basically, I don't want this tea adventure to end! And this is the last one!


In the end I decided on a hot tea this afternoon, the last day of 2018.

A fruity scent, not fully strawberry, but raspberry isn't a smell I'm as familiar with. A purple-reddish colour to the tea. I didn't add sugar or honey, as it smelled reasonably sweet. It didn't need any sweetening, and had a reasonable berry taste. Sweet and refreshing. I'm sure it would make a lovely cold drink too.

Another one to keep my eye out for. I'd very happily drink this tea again, especially throughout the summer months.


Can you see my new neighbours in the garden outside my lounge room?

May 2019 bring you wonderful new tea adventures! And reading adventures! And fun times with family and friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

Of snow and mountains