AdvenTea Days 13-15: Another weekend done and dusted!


Day 13


Blue tissue paper and music notes.


Cinnamon Orange with a Twist of Rooibos, Tetley


Thursday. Another flavoured rooibos - or a tea flavoured with rooibos?

Rather a cinnamon smell to the teabag, and the tea. The hot tea had a bit of an orange smell in addition. A nice reddish rooibos colour. From memory (it's been a week or so, I'm a bit behind in finishing these posts!) I added a drop of honey.

If I was in the mood for a rooibos tea, I'd consider this as an option. Not sure I'll buy it for my stash, but if someone were to offer it, sure! 


Day 14



Such a happy, colourful parcel!


Rose Lemonade Iced Tea, Lipton


Time to bring out the water bottle!

Friday night, when I opened this tea parcel, I read the information with surprise. Once I reached the instruction to add it to 500mL of water, I knew I would be leaving this for Saturday. And so, for the first time, I didn't drink the day's tea on the day I opened it. While I don't have a problem drinking iced tea in the evening, I looked forward to having a special tea to drink throughout the day on Saturday, especially as we would have some of my nieces and nephews around for the afternoon.

The tea bag did smell like roses. Of course, steeping in cold water is a much slower process as well, but it did have a slight rose scent. The longer I left the tea bag in the more colour and flavour and scent it had. After a while I could even detect a hint of lemonade in the taste.

I enjoyed drinking it throughout the day, and I'm sure I would have enjoyed it even more if I had added ice, or refrigerated it. Quite refreshing for a warm day! Definitely a tea I could enjoy again, not sure if I would go to the effort of buying it for myself. Then again, summer is just getting started!


Day 15


Fifteen hearts! Wait, no, is that 18 hearts? Oh, well, close!


Ginger Kick, Higher Living


Can I feel the heat? Well, yes - it is a hot cup of tea after all!


It did smell of ginger! And yes, it was a warming cup of tea, which makes it one I should try to remember when I'm not feeling well - this would be great for when I have a cold, or a sore throat!

Again, not one I'd necessarily keep in my stash - especially not in summer - but it might be a good one to have on hand for winter! Not a tea I would look for in general, but nice.

Posting this on Christmas day means I have opened all the teas in my AdvenTea calendar - but I haven't tasted the last one yet. There have been a few very surprising ones in there, and a few really lovely teas. Have you tried a new drink this December?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

Let me tell you a story...