AdvenTea Days 10-12: Green, red, black - what flag is that?


Day 10


A teacup! A paper teacup!


Gorgeous Geisha, T2


So, I am not a fan of green tea. It is not a tea I ever look for. I don't hate it, I just find it a bit bland. 

Gorgeous Geisha smells strongly of strawberry. Very strongly. Not fresh strawberry, but more like strawberry syrup, heading towards the smell I still as an adult associate with red medicine I had to take sometimes as a kid. Opening the packet, that was all I could smell! And the scent remained very strong in the teacup too, which doesn't always happen with scented or flavoured teas.

Taste? No discernible taste of strawberry. Not much taste of tea either, but that is something I expect with green tea. Smelling strawberry and tasting nothing much at all is an odd experience.

Would I drink it again? I'm not sure. Definitely not one I would buy, or look for. 


Day 11


Music! I'm really glad I don't have to play this piece, though!

 


Blood Orange, Red Seal (New Zealand)


Ooh, look at that colour! Very cool!

I don't know that I've ever actually seen a blood orange in fruit form, but I am a fan of it as a drink flavour. There is a particular brand of Italian drinks which is available in very selected contexts in Australia which I really like, and they have an Aranciata (orange) flavour and an Aranciata Rossa (blood orange) flavour, and I will usually get that if it is available. It isn't a common flavour otherwise, so it was a nice surprise to find it as a tea!

I loved watching the colour stream from the teabag as I added hot water, and it deepened as I let it steep for a little while. I did not add sugar or honey, and it definitely didn't need any extra sweetness!

I did seriously consider making it a cold tea, as there were instructions for that on the packet, but I opted for the hot tea this time. And I really, really liked this tea! A good, distinct flavour, bold like the colour. I hope to find this tea for myself, so I can try the cold version as well. 

My favourite non-black tea so far. I definitely want to drink this again!


Day 12


A spotty parcel! With a cheery 'Merry Christmas' on the back.


Australian Afternoon Grey (I can't remember, but I think Madame Flavour), plus Tim Tam bites.


If you are familiar with the Grey range of teas, the smell would be familiar. Closest to Earl Grey, rather than Lady Grey (from the Twinings range) or French Earl Grey (T2). Slightly floral - I assume from the bergamot. Standard black tea colour.

I did try the tea without milk and sugar, but only a mouthful. Then I added my standard milk and half a teaspoon of sugar. 

A nice tea. Yes, nice. Nothing spectacular. Not a Grey tea I will look for, but if offered, I'd be quite content with it. I'd drink it again, but I won't be looking to buy it anytime soon.

At the risk of being labelled un-Australian, I admit to not being a fan of Tim Tam biscuits. They're okay, but they are definitely not my favourite chocolate biscuit. However, I have never encountered these Tim Tam bites before, and I really enjoyed the two small biscuits after this cup of tea. I think it is a case of a happier chocolate to biscuit ratio in this size. So, I'll be keeping an eye out for them from now on!

So, a green tea, a red coloured tea, and a black tea. Green, red, black. I looked it up, and to the best of my knowledge, Malawi is the flag which has these three colours - and only these three colours.

What colour is your tea today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

Let me tell you a story...