AdvenTea Days 16-18: Spice, vanilla, or chocolate?


Day 16


Chevrons and a visible tea bag!


Chai, T2


I tried, I did try to drink a milkless chai. But I couldn't persist. It just wasn't right!


Much better! I added milk and a drop of honey.

Not sure how to describe this chai. Nothing surprising in terms of the flavour, an enjoyable chai. The spice smell I expected - and which I like!

I do prefer milk based chai drinks, and so I preferred Day 6's chai, but I would happily drink T2's chai again.


Day 17


Tissue paper! Something gentle to cherish?

 

Chamomile & Vanilla, Higher Living



I am a big fan of vanilla, and the tea bag had a lovely vanilla smell as I opened he packet. The back claimed it would be a hug in a mug, which made me smile, and hope for the best.

And it delivered! Nice cosy vanilla smell in the teacup, the kind of yellow colour I would expect from a chamomile tea, and it tasted delightfully of vanilla. I smiled the whole time I drank this cup of tea!

My favourite herbal tea from this AdvenTea adventure, and I don't think I've ever enjoyed a herbal tea this much before! One to add to my tea collection, as I can actually imagine myself looking for this sometimes. Oh, this would be delightful in cool autumn evenings!


Day 18


Polka dots! Gold numbers!


Rooibos, Mint & Chocolate, Madame Flavour, plus an After Dinner Mint


The tea bag had a very unusual smell. I don't think I've ever encountered a tea that has a chocolate smell, and it was a bizarre experience! Enough mint to add to the smell, and to then have the tea look a little bit chocolatey... Very odd!

The rooibos flavour peeked through the mint and something else... not quite a chocolate taste, but I have no specific words to describe it. I didn't mind the flavour, but I doubt I'll buy this tea. I might drink it again, but I don't think it is one I will look for.

Writing about this tea ten days later is stretching my ability to remember all the details, but life got busy, and I didn't transfer the photos from my phone for a while, and then Christmas happened!

Which do you prefer? Spices, vanilla, or chocolate? In tea or ice cream? Hope you enjoyed some new or favourite food and drink over Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

Let me tell you a story...