AdvenTea Days 19-21: Time for a mix up!


Day 19


A tea cup!


Southern Sunrise, T2


A very fruity smell to the teabag, and the scent persisted with the cup of tea. A lovely, light scent. I'm trying to figure out what the ingredients might be, knowing I am unlikely to identify them all. It looks like there might be pieces of dried fruit, possibly apple, in the teabag. Something from the citrus family, although probably not lemon.

I would not be surprised to find some less common fruits, like passionfruit or mango, in the mix. But I honestly have no idea what else might be in this tea!

I did not add sugar or honey, and once I tasted it, I knew it wouldn't need it at all. A light, sweet, fruity taste - a relief to have the smell match the taste!

I am very surprised at how much I've enjoyed some of these teas, the 'no tea leaves' ones. This is a tea I would like to have in my collection. Oh, I think this would be lovely cold as well! A great summery tea! Definitely one I would like to drink again!


Day 20


Packs a Peach, T2

Ah, yes, I grabbed the wrong parcel and didn't notice until the next day... But a shiny silver star!


This is a tea my Mum has, and has enjoyed drinking since a friend gave it to her for her birthday, but one I hadn't tried. I don't tend to look for fruit teas!

A fruity smell, but different from Wednesday's tea. An orange colour to the tea, and the fruity smell persisted - probably mostly peach, not surprisingly. Not as sweet as Southern Sunrise either, but still sweet enough to not add sugar or honey.

A nice enough tea, but it didn't excite me the way Southern Sunrise did, and so not one I would be likely to buy or look for.


Day 21

 

 Another joyful parcel!

 

Morning Mojo, Higher Living


Another morning tea, and another green tea. This time I decided to wait for the morning, and have this instead of my usual black tea at breakfast time.

Green tea plus green coffee? Why would you put coffee in a tea bag? This struck me as an especially unusual ingredient choice. But as a non-coffee drinker, I have no idea what green coffee might be in contrast to normal coffee. And cocoa peel?

I'm not sure I could taste either of those in the tea. I believe the spearmint and ginseng were the stronger flavours, perhaps with a bit of extra warmth from the chilli.

A much stronger, earthier kind of taste than I would have expected from a green tea.

But still not a tea for me. Especially not instead of a black tea at breakfast time! But I still managed to finish it, so not all bad!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

Of snow and mountains