AdvenTea: The Beginning! Days 1-3

Day 1


A neat little wrapped package to start the AdvenTea experience.


Hibiscus & Lemongrass, Nerada


An unexpected colour!

As I poured boiled water into the cup, the tea bag released a purple colour at first! I was stunned! As the water level rose, the colour became more red, but I'm not sure the photos do the colour justice!

Smell: more lemongrass than anything else, but softer, sweeter - presumably the floral impact of the hibiscus.

I didn't add sugar or honey (I normally have black tea with half a teaspoon of sugar). Thought I'd taste it before adding anything, and I'm glad I did it that way. It didn't need the sugar. Quite a nice taste, almost sweet. Quite refreshing.

I snacked on little pineapple jam filled biscuits I brought back from Thailand while drinking this tea. A nice accompaniment, which I will unfortunately not be able to repeat...

I'd definitely drink it again!


Day 2



Another delightful parcel!


French Earl Grey, T2, plus a Malteser reindeer!


French Earl Grey is one of my favourite teas, so it came as no surprise to me. A black tea, with a floral scent.

And, given that it is a favourite of mine, rather than drinking it like this, I made my usual additions: half a teaspoon of sugar (maybe a bit less, as it is a slightly sweet tea) and a dash of milk. Although I don't normally have chocolate with a cup of tea!


Naturally, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and of course I'd drink it again!


Day 3


 A double sided package! The sticker on the back says Happy Holidays!


Three mint tea, Pukka

Yes, you read correctly, THREE mint. Peppermint, spearmint and fieldmint. No, I have never heard of fieldmint before. Have you? The back of the tea packet informs me that it contains 45% peppermint leaf, 39% spearmint leaf, and 16% fieldmint leaf. And then suggested I 'bring these incredible herbs alive by infusing in freshly boiled water for up to 15 minutes'...

I had no intention of leaving it for 15 minutes! I might be patient, but I'm not that patient! 


A slightly yellow colour, when infused, and a definite peppermint smell. While I do not often drink mint teas, I do like them, and drinking this reminded me of that fact. I doubt I've had a mint tea this year, before this one! 

Once again, I did not add sugar or honey, and I'm glad. This tea is rather lovely. I would definitely drink it again.

But I will also probably try to find out what fieldmint is before I do!

Have you had a cup of tea in the last few days? This is as much fun as I hoped it would be, and I can't wait to see what will be offered in the next 3 weeks! Oh my, that means Christmas is three weeks away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

¡Saludos de España! Greetings from Spain!