New TV series, new inspiration

I watched the first episode of a new baking series - not a cooking show, but a show just about baking. Which is a fascinating enough distinction to make for a television show, but it lines up almost entirely with my own attitude towards food. I love to bake, but I don't necessarily like to cook. And I want to try some of the things the contestants did on this show, The Great Australian Bake Off!

First up, they made some amazing varieties of cupcakes. I have never before considered the difficulty of trying to have cupcakes look the same, and some of the flavour combinations had me fascinated - if only I had thought to have pen and paper handy to write some of them down! And this came after I went to a cousin's engagement party where they had a beautiful array of delicious cupcakes. The one I had was Turkish Delight - with a slice of Turkish Delight on top of the icing, and a chocolate coated Turkish Delight in the centre of the cupcake. This is definitely something I would like to try to do, but had never thought of before.

But the segment which had me inspired was the chocolate and orange checkerboard cake. I want to make one! Just maybe not four layers - that's a lot of cake!

I look forward to learning a lot through this show! And I hope some of you will benefit by sacrificing the time to help me eat all kinds of goodies!

And if you are to far away to benefit in person, check out the website or the Facebook page for a whole bunch of fantastic looking recipes! I love that they are offering so many options for 'elevenses'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

¡Saludos de España! Greetings from Spain!