Holiday plans

I have four wonderful weeks of holidays ahead of me! And I have so much planned for those weeks, and yet not many specific, scheduled plans yet. My plans involve getting stuck into a new craft, catching up with a lot of friends I haven't seen in a few months, and spending lots and lots of time with my family. I now have two nephews and one niece to play with, and I plan to spend a lot of time doing just that before I head off interstate again. I also have a stack of books I've been waiting to read!

I have avoided mentioning my craft plans here previously because I haven't actually started anything yet. I have so many ideas though! And as many of these ideas involve birthday and Christmas presents for family members, a bit of extra accountability with all of you reading this can't hurt. And yet I don't want to give too much away in case the recipients figure out what they or their children are getting!

First on the list is a present for my sister's birthday in just over two weeks. I found some fabric that made me think of her, and wanted to make something with it, so I asked what she might like. So my first challenge is a pillow case for a Cuddle-U pillow! I'm pretty excited about it, but it could be interesting! I am planning to sew it by hand, and am going shopping tomorrow for a pillow case which will form the base of my handiwork, as well as a few other pieces of material for a Christmas project. But I won't go into any more detail as I have another birthday project to complete before getting too worried about the Christmas plans!

I plan to share pictures once people have received these craft items, at which point I might tell you something about the process of making them. Dependent on them actually liking what I have made! You may be wondering about the hand sewing ambition when it would be quicker (and maybe easier) to use a machine. But I haven't used a sewing machine in about fifteen years, whereas I have done some hand sewing in the last few years. Plus, hand sewing is calming and can be done in front of the TV, while using a machine is loud! In theory, hand sewing will make for a good break from study in the evenings during the next semester.

I am really looking forward to catching up with a lot of friends, as the last time I was home was back in April, and as I also had the privilege and joy of being part of a wedding for friends of mine, I didn't have a lot of spare time. Four weeks in theory should be ample for organising time with all the people I hope to see, but only time will tell!

So, what sorts of things do you like to do on your holidays? What would you do with four weeks in winter?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

¡Saludos de España! Greetings from Spain!