Mid year holiday baking

It's been a while since I posted about any baking exploits. So here is a brief summary of what I've done in the last few weeks.


I made mini lemon cheesecakes for my sister's birthday. They were delicious! My cousin had sent the recipe to my Mum, and we took some tips from another recipe to make the mini versions. The basic difference is using a single biscuit as the base for the cheesecakes, instead of crushing biscuits and adding melted butter to form a base. Unfortunately the biscuits we used were a little bit too big for the muffin cases Mum had, which led to some interesting shapes!


Then I made a chocolate cake with my youngest sister (8 years old). Really, she did most of the work! I even taught her to crack an egg, and she managed to not get any eggshell in the bowl. As supervisor, my main role was putting the cake in the oven, keeping an eye on the time, and letting her know when we could ice the cake! She even planned the decorations on a piece of paper while she waited!


And then today I did a batch of biscuits. The neighbours' children happily helped eat some, but there are still plenty left! Dairy free variation of one of my favourite recipes. My housemates have enjoyed some as well! I wonder how long the 50 or so biscuits left at the moment will last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

¡Saludos de España! Greetings from Spain!