Halfway through the holidays

So, now that the halfway point is past, what have I accomplished so far with all this time?

A lot of time spent with family, which has been great. My nearly eighteen month old niece has developed the adorable habit of taking hold of a finger on my hand to pull me to the location she has selected for me to do something for her - food or door related, usually. (I am not the only person she does this with, by the way!) Meanwhile, my nearly three year old nephew has commandeered my television in my room for his own viewing purposes. He actually pulled a video out of the pile of dvds recently, The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. Luckily for him, I have an older television, with inbuilt video and dvd players, so he could watch the 'tigers'.

Also, I have spent a lot of time in the garage and in my room, sorting through some of my hoarded items. The skip out the front of our house has been filled and collected. And I realised how many folders I have bought over the years. I just keep finding them! I now have a large cardboard box full of them, with overflow! There are 25 folders in the box, with another 14 in this picture!



And on the craft front... well, I bought a black pillow case to form the base of my sister's birthday present. I have cut out some pieces of fabric, sewn a few and pinned a few together, but there is a lot of work to do! She will not be receiving this present on time! But she should receive it before I leave again next weekend.

I have had the opportunity to see quite a few friends as well, but not as many as I would like, so I'll be more deliberate about setting up times and places in the next week. Time is running out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

¡Saludos de España! Greetings from Spain!