Birthday presents (and other crafty things)

I mentioned in my post The power of tears that I had finished my sister's birthday present. While I was back home for the recent two week break, I had the chance to give it to her. She seemed pretty thrilled with it, so I think I'll share a photo of it!







I have also finished another birthday present, for my nephew who is turning 3! A reversible library bag! I hope he loves it even more than I do!




















These are not the only completed projects of recent weeks. I have also completed two more bags, one with leftover fabric from my sister's birthday present for a friend, and one for myself.

My friend was thrilled with her bag:

The greatest challenge was aesthetic - I like to have symmetry, and I just didn't have the option when using up the scraps! The other challenge was to finish it in time - which I managed by finishing it at my friend's home, as we watched TV together for an evening!


And I'm pretty pleased with mine! I love the cute little tea cups scattered through this fabric!


Even more significantly, in terms of my craft experience, two of these bags were made using a sewing machine, following a pattern I found through a blog I enjoy reading by Alyce. If you are interested in quilting, check out her blog, Blossom Heart Quilts.

Time to get started on those Christmas projects now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

¡Saludos de España! Greetings from Spain!