Lemonade

Last night I once again tried to bake scones. I have tried to bake scones many times since I first moved out of home, and they have been pathetic failures every time.

Until now.

I'm not sure if it was the recipe or the fact that I know some of the things I did wrong the last few times, but they finally worked out to be not only edible, but delicious.

As far as the recipe is concerned, I used one out of a Recipes Plus magazine (from the TV show Ready, Steady, Cook!) with only three ingredients: self-raising flour, cream and lemonade.

The only problem I had was how sticky the dough was (I had slightly less flour than the recipe required), which made it hard to flatten out the dough. On the other hand, it also prevented me from handling the dough more than necessary!

17 scones baked in less than half an hour, ready in time for dessert! Too good not to share, so I went in search of neighbours. Thankfully, I found one and prevented her from making the terrible mistake of eating fruit when there were warm scones available! And cream and jam!


For those of you who are not American, did you know that what we in Australia call scones are considered 'biscuits'? And are often made without sugar, making it a savory snack?

Comments

  1. I am another failed scone maker...maybe I should try this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to come over and borrow it anytime! I found it really easy, and the dough smells great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

¡Saludos de España! Greetings from Spain!

1458