The Shopping List: A future story

When I get to the shops I will buy a litre of milk, a kilo of flour, half a dozen eggs, a tub of butter, a box of cocoa, a bag of sugar, and a punnet of strawberries, so I can bake a cake.

A litre of milk, a kilo of flour, half a dozen eggs, a tub of butter, a box of cocoa, a bag of sugar, and a punnet of strawberries.

I wonder if I will bump into anyone I know? Mum always bumps into someone - or half a dozen people - she knows, so shopping always takes longer, and she always forgets something. But I'm sure I won't forget anything. I will remember: a litre of milk, a kilo of flour, half a dozen eggs, a tub of butter, a box of cocoa, a bag of sugar, and a punnet of strawberries.

After all, most of the ingredients will be in the same aisle, the baking aisle - flour, cocoa, and sugar - and most of the rest will be in the fridge section - milk, butter, and eggs. So there won't be any trouble remembering a litre of milk, a tub of butter, half a dozen eggs, a kilo of flour, a box of cocoa, and a bag of sugar.

I'll have to duck down the lolly aisle, just in case anything is on special. I'll keep an extra special eye out in case chocolate is half price, my stash is all gone. As long as I remember a litre of milk, a tub of butter, half a dozen eggs, a kilo of flour, and a bag of sugar. Everything I'll need to bake that cake.

So, three aisles, then the checkout: lollies, baking, fridge. Chocolate, flour, sugar, milk, butter, eggs. Not so many things to remember. I thought it would be a longer list. Just six things. Wait, no, chocolate is only if it is on special, so it's only five things: flour, sugar, milk, butter, eggs. A litre of flour, a kilo of sugar, half a dozen milk... No, that's not right. Eggs. Half a dozen eggs, a tub of butter, a litre of milk, a kilo of sugar, but how much flour? How could I have forgotten already?

Oh well, hopefully it will all come back to me when I get inside, out of the wet and into the dry. Lots of dry ingredients needed for the cake. Flour, sugar... was there something else? That doesn't sound like a lot. Maybe it was a lot of wet ingredients? Yes, milk and eggs and... No, that's not a lot, only two.

Do I go in anyway? Or should I go home and write a list? I'm sure I've forgotten something.

Although, if I've forgotten it, how important could it have been? Flour, sugar, milk, and eggs.

I can't wait to bake this chocolate cake!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

My favourite recipe: Potato Quiche