A busy month

It has been quite a while since I wrote a post - which was completely unintentional. Partly, I was so busy I didn't have time to write, and partly when I thought about writing, I didn't know what I should write! A huge thankyou to those who have been taking the opportunity to read some of my previous posts - as far as I can tell from the statistics, I have had nearly as many people reading this month even though I haven't written anything new!

My course had no exams - which meant we had a lot of significant assignments due in the last few weeks of the semester. I have thrown out the assignment schedule, and I can't tell you exactly how many off the top of my head, but there were at least nine assignments I had due in two weeks, with one more due last week, and a few more due in the week before those. Two group assignments, three presentations, a few essays, and a few other things. (I feel tired just trying to remember it all!)

If you can imagine how hectic that felt, take a moment to think about our lecturers. I graduated from the course on Friday, and we only finished everything on Thursday. Which meant they didn't have much time allowed for marking all those assignments we handed in over the last few weeks! We had some amazing lecturers, and I feel even more impressed with their efforts in marking and returning assignments!

In addition to all this, the emotional build up of end of year, people leaving to go back to their interstate homes, lack of sleep with all those deadlines... But we made it through! Even had another 'unbirthday' for one of my classmates who refused to tell me her birthday all year! Which led to the creation of a not-quite Black Forest Cake (dairy free, and therefore cream free) - also known as gluten-free chocolate cake with spiced cherries from Humble House. We had gone out for dinner, and came home fairly full, but we managed to work our way through that cake!



Everything seemed to build up to Saturday, the 24th November: course finished and graduated, pack the car and clean out the room I had been living in this year, drive interstate to arrive at my friend's home to sleep on her couch, to get up at 6am to watch the 50th anniversary special of Doctor Who! Which meant I was keen to keep up with the episodes on TV in the last few weeks so that it would make sense! (And I'm very thankful for ABC iview for making it possible!) Then watch it again in the afternoon, and then again in 3D at the cinema - not very comfortable, as I already need glasses, but well worth it. (I don't think I'd bother with 3D for anything else, though!)

How has the last month been for all of you? Are you ready to get ready for Christmas?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I cope

1458

¡Saludos de España! Greetings from Spain!